When deciding to book Disneyland Paris, the first thing you need to think about is whether you would like to stay onsite or offsite. There are many different pros and cons to each and for each family, the answer will be different. As a family of 4 with young children, onsite is the best option for us, but I know other families who prefer to stay offsite and want something a little different.
What are the benefits of staying onsite?
- Free transportation to the parks
- Your Disneyland Paris hotels are close enough to walk to (so you can easily pop back in the middle of the day)
- Extra Magic Hours (extra hours in the park before 10 am where a selection of rides and meet and greets are open to hotel guests and annual pass holders only)
- In park free shopping service (Buy something in the park? You can get it sent back to your hotel for free so you don’t need to carry it around all day!)
- Swimming Pools in selected hotels
- You’re likely to bump into a few friendly faces on your way to breakfast (Characters meet in the hotels every morning)
- Your hotel tax will be included in your booking, so no hidden fees once you arrive
- You can purchase Disney’s Express Luggage (Which means Disney will take your luggage to your hotel and give you your park tickets so you can just walk straight in)
- Kids under 7 stay and play for free
- Kids under 3 eat for free too
- You’re in the middle of the magic! (Which means there is always a possibility to get ‘pixie dust’ – free upgrades, treats in your room etc)
- You park tickets are included with you Disneyland Paris Hotels booking
- Parking is free
What are the benefits of staying offsite?
- Breakfast is included in many hotels
- Your hotel may provide a free shuttle to the parks
- You can get an apartment rather than just a hotel room
- You can stay somewhere with cooking facilities which will save you money (However this will likely mean leaving the park early to go back and make dinner)
So as you can see, there are many benefits of staying both on in one of the Disneyland Paris Hotels or offsite elsewhere, and depending on your family and your budget you can decide on what is right for you.
So are you ready to book? Right now you can stay onsite for £200 less than staying onsite, Looking for a deal? Here is one I found today. A family of 4, including the Eurostar for 4 nights/5 days just £1025! Click the image below to head over to Magic Breaks.
Booked? Use my affiliate link below to grab your unofficial guide to Disneyland Paris!