Hello and thank you for hopping over from BLOG HERE! and welcome to the 3rd day of #12DaysOfParenting. Today’s sponsor is It’s a Sling Thing who are offering a Ergobaby Original Carrier and the theme is Activities to keep the family occupied! My keyword to enter today’s giveaway is in this post below, good luck! Full details of the #12DaysOfParenting terms and conditions can be found on the #12DaysOfParenting page and all entries are to be completed via the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post.
Christmas is the most expensive time of year in our house and come November I’m often wondering how I’m going to get through the next 2 months without any cash to do anything. Everywhere you look there are meet and greets with Santa, mince pies to buy and a whole variety of other things to take your hard earned cash. (you know the stuff you’re completely running out of!)
So this season, I’m cutting back, I’ve made a list of 5 activities to keep the whole family occupied this Christmas.
- Winter walk, Today’s sponsor, ‘It’s a Sling Thing’ gave me this wonderful idea while I was discussing our theme for today. Grab a sling and go out for a walk, take yourselves to a part of town you’ve never been or maybe walk out across the country, bird watch or see what the animals are doing this time of year.
- Board Games, we love a good board game in this house and when we don’t have one to hand, we grab a pen and paper and design our own. What about candy canes and chimneys (a nice twist on snakes and ladders) or maybe just the dot/boxes game.
- Crafts, okay so if you don’t have the stuff, then this one is not exactly free unless you have the stuff, BUT you could easily pick a kit up in the £shop. Create your own origami baubles, print painting your own wrapping paper using potatoes or make your own Christmas cards. If you are feeling really adventurous, do some Christmas themed jump modeling.
- Kindness, kindness costs nothing, so grab some kindness ideas and go out and do them. There are plenty of free kindness activities here.
- Redecorate the house, take the decs down, move them or just redecorate the tree. Decorating for Christmas is so much fun (as its planning too) so get the whole family involved to create your new home masterpiece.
Today’s Codeword is: HoHoHo!, if you would like to read another post and gain another entry, then head over to Close Enough to Kiss for their take on Preparing to survive the holidays.
To enter the grand prize draw, head over to 12 Days Of Parenting where you can also find all the #12DaysOfParentingPosts so you won’t miss any!